I had originally sworn off ingesting so much red meat because of the fact that it takes it so long to digest in your system. So I decided to do was take 1/2 lb of ground turkey and 1/2 lb of ground sirloin beef and combine the two along with chopped green peppers onions and an array of seasonings such as celery salt, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Mixed it all up and formed it into the shape placed in the oven for 1hour and 15 minutes. Make sure that the bottom of the pan is lined with olive oil so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. For the potatoes I mashed red potatoes with sour cream, chicken broth, and ranch dressing along with garlic butter and turkey bacon. I then took broccoli and steamed it with Colby and monterey jack cheese.

The next dish displayed it is an oven fried lemon whole wheat bread crusted chicken with peanut butter pureed peas and rice cooked in chicken broth.
I toasted several pieces of whole wheat bread in the oven and let the chicken pieces soak in lemon juice for approximately 30 minutes for it really to take in the flavor of the lemon juice. When the bread was toasted I placed them in the food processor until it was finely chopped. I then took some poultry seasoning, oregano, Italian seasoning and pepper and mixed it in with the breadcrumbs. I took an egg mixture to coat the chicken by dipping it first in the egg and then rolling it in the breadcrumb mixture. I then let it cook in the oven for 1hour and 15 minutes with olive oil and chicken broth and lemon juice coating the bottom of the pan. With the peas I took them n cooked them with butter in a skillet for about 3 minutes until they were just about ready and took them placed them in the food processor and and combines butter and peanut butter just about a tablespoon n pulsed until it was a thick puree. You could taste the peanut butter but you needed something sweet to cut the acidity of the lemon pepper chicken hence where the peanut butter pureed peas were good.

No comments:
Post a Comment