Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Skillet Pork & Peppers....Workout Injury


Last Night Dinner was a play on Skillet Pork and Peppers Recipe provided by Food Network Magazine Great EASY Meals 

1 large pork tenderloin
Kosher sale
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, sliced in chunks
2 bell peppers sliced into wide strips
6 cloves of garlic, smashed
16 bay leaves 
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup of sliced jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup of pickling liquid from the jar
2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the broiler. Slice the pork on an angle into 1-inch thick pieces; season with salt. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the onion and bell peppers season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and slightly browned. Transfer to plate. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Add the pork and sear over high heat until browned on both sides. Transfer the pork to the plate with the onion and peppers. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, sage and tomato paste to the skillet. Cook, stirring until the tomato paste turns brick-red. Add the jalapeno slices and their liquid, then pour in the broth slowly bringing it to a boil. Arrange the pork in a single layer in the skillet; add the onion and peppers and sprinkle the cheese. Transfer to the oven and broil until the pork is cook thoroughly, 4-7 minutes. 

The vegetables are navy beans, spinach and yellow carrots broiled and blanched and then sautéed with olive oil salt and pepper to taste.

I will be very VERY honest the vegetable were HORRIBLE I will not be trying that recipe again I believe it was the navy beans I am not a fan of ALL beans and those were the PITS....Why I chose Pork tenderloin is because it is just as lean as skinless, boneless, chicken breast and just as high in protein. Therefore when I got done with the workout that tried to kill me I would be putting the right supplements into my body.  


THE WORKOUT *dramatic music


I continued with arm exercises from yesterday and felt that I could amp them up by doing total body workouts with them adding in lunges and squats when there weren't any. Needless to say I pulled a muscle doing a squat n just collapsed over to circumvent the injury from preventing me to work out today I soaked in the tub with Epsom sale for an hour and then wrapped my leg and actually felt better today walking into work I didn't actually feel it until I had to go walk the property but it's alright the cold helped a lot and I didn't have a limp walking out of the office today. Therefore I will probably continue with arms later today and take a rest day tomorrow from the workout to give my body a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment