
Last Night I had inspiration to cook two meals and it turned out Wonderful
First Meal
Broiled Ahi Tuna Steak with Pea-Puree
3 stalks of Celery, quartered lengthwise
1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Ahi Tuna Steak (cut thickly)
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup of peas
1/3 cup of cream
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
Preheat the broiler. Line the broiler pan with foil and preheat for 5 minutes. Brush the celery and onions with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the fish with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt pepper and sprinkle with the paprika; brush to coat the fish evenly with paprika. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, place the fish in the center and scatter the onion and celery around. Broil until the fish is golden and just cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile boil the peas until just about tender, just about 4 minutes. Transfer the peas and cream into a food processor and pulse with butter and pinch of salt to make a slightly chunky puree. Then Serve....
The peas where should I begin maybe because I am not a fan of Peas I should have known the Pea Puree would have bin a struggle to get through but I ate it. It tasted very sweet and was actually really good compliment to the fish but I was not a fan of the peas.
Second Meal
Chicken Soup
1 chopped onion
1 chopped celery stalk
2 teaspoons chopped oregano
2 sprigs of thyme
2 cups diced tomatoes
3 cups diced red potatoes
3 cups of sweet corn kernels
3 chicken skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
4 cups of chicken broth
I combined all the ingredients into a crock pot and allowed them to cook overnight I literally woke up at 330AM engulfed in the smell of a beautiful chicken soup. You can also make this stove-top in a large pot.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil add a base which could consist of onion garlic celery stalk and carrot next add your chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Then stir in the potatoes and tomatoes for about 4-6 minutes. From there you add your corn and chicken breast allow that to cook thoroughly for about 20 minutes if not already cooked. Once it has cooked thoroughly you can sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese croutons or crumbled crackers I added cooked noodles cause I feel that every soup needs some noodles.
Both of these recipes were taken from Food Network Magazine Cookbook pictured above.
The workout was light because I didn't want to not cook for 30 days so I did two recipes to accommodate for today not being able to cook or workout. So last nights workout consisted of push ups and sit ups not total body just the simple areas that every girl wants to workout.


No comments:
Post a Comment