
7
*sighs Where do I begin well I guess from the beginning.............THIS RUN WAS NO JOKE for me but apparently to others it served as a reason to come out with family and friends to just enjoy every one's company. It all began with a lonely road...LOL let me stop it began with a plethora of people. Here's the VIDEO http://youtu.be/GzeNA66SGvo The run was approximately 3.1 miles long on city streets. Runners and walkers dress up in their worst holiday sweaters, maybe have some holiday drinks before lining up at the start line. It started in waves because of the amount of people participating, I was in the 3rd wave so my start was a little bit later than a expected. So I started out VERY VERY strong doing my best time ever 12:57 Mile 1 marker 13:17 Mile 2 marker cause I decided to stop and grab a cup of warm cocoa and 13:00 Mile 3...actually finishing really strong. I am glad that I did the run and actually am signing up for another run which is the Shamrock Shuffle....110 days n counting for training...But back to the ugly Sweater Run I did the race with my best Buddy Tyree of course he finished WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY before me but did an excellent job at encouraging me along the way. The weather was also a challenge but thank goodness for thermal running clothes. It was a beautiful 31 F. After finishing I treated myself to some well deserved Chipotle!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment