Monday, May 07, 2012

Its been a Minute...Sprouts and Chops

Although I have cooked so infrequently thanks to the advance in my position I now have 2 FT jobs and therefore any free time that I do have goes towards sleep. Over the last 3 weeks however I have come across some very interesting recipes that I will definitely give a try. The most recent recipe that I came across and actually attempted was a recipe for Brussels Sprouts. Now I know what you're thinking WHY IN THE WORLD would I want to eat that it gross. Well that's cause you haven't learned about the secret ingredient...BACON... I swear bacon makes everything taste so much better.

So I started with seasoning the pork chop with Italian Seasoning Lemon Pepper and cayenne pepper and then placed it in a cast iron skillet with a little bit of olive oil with a mixture of canola oil so that it wont stick to the pan and placed them in the oven to get it that overall crunchy taste.

Then a skillet I started with sliced thick bacon with the rind on in the skillet from there I removed the bacon and left the grease and fat behind. I then washed and cut the sprouts in half and basically seared them in the bacon fat and oil. While I was preparing that I also put some white rice on with Chicken broth and butter. After about 15 minutes the sprouts and the  rice were done. I had put the chicken on for about 45 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment